Work at Be Kind
All-round internship (hosting, managing, marketing)
Be Kind Retreats is growing and we are looking for an intern to help out in different areas (marketing, management, hosting etc) from January 2020.
About Be Kind
Be Kind Retreats is a small retreat center based in Canggu, Bali. We offer offline women-only self-love retreats where we focus most on healing and coaching. We are a small and intimate retreat for maximum 4 women per week. The retreats run every week and women can stay from one to three weeks (depending on the package). Since end November 2019 we also offer Holistic Life Coaching Trainings.
Be Kind was founded two years ago by two Dutch women with the desire to create a safe space where women can heal and connect with themselves and other like minded women. We use a holistic approach of healing and coaching with a spiritual touch. We are a mix of a yoga, coaching and wellness retreat and will focus even more on therapy, coaching and healing in the future.
We have several yoga teachers and coaches working in the Be Kind team, drivers, surf instructors and a housekeeper. Our team is between 24 and 38 years old.
We are looking for a female intern, who can start in December 2019 or January 2020 to help out in different areas in Be Kind. You will work along side our general manager and marketing and booking manager and assist in running the retreats and trainings, making sure the guests are happy and help the marketing team in whatever means possible. This could be creating content, brainstorming about marketing campaigns, updating the website. We have a small team and are quickly growing, which means there are plenty of opportunities for you to pitch ideas and projects and do what you love. Are you a videographer? Great! We would love for you to make videos. Are you a good writer? Great! We are always in need for more blogposts.
There are some fixed tasks and the rest of the work will be discussed and depends on your skills/what you want to learn. The fixed tasks:
- Hosting. From the day the guest arrive until they leave, you will make sure they are happy. Together with the general manager you will be responsible for the retreats running smoothly. This means making sure all the activities run smoothly, teachers and drivers are on time, guests are informed about everything they need to know etc. You will also help with the lunch and dinner provided in the Be Kind villa. You will sometimes join activities, such as cleansing ceremonies in Ubud or women circles.
- You will help with the check-in and check-out, making sure the villa is always looking perfect and assist the general manager in any way necessary.
Most guests in Be Kind are often fragile and vulnerable, dealing with a mental illness or other struggle. It is important that you are able to work in this environment and energy and also be able to set boundaries for yourself. It is very special and rewarding to guide these women in their healing journey.
You will work 6 days a week, usually from Monday until Saturday. The work times are flexible and you will work around 5/6 hours per day. We will need you to be in the villa a few fixed time per day (for example with breakfast and after the afternoon yoga) and the rest of the time you will work independently on other projects.
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor degree or enrolled in university (preferably in tourism, management or marketing)
- Between 25 and 35 years old
- No 9-5 mentality
- Living in Bali (or able to do the interview in Bali)
- Able to commit for 3 months minimum
- Excellent in English (both written and verbal)
- Excellent social skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in stressful situations
- Able to work independently and handle multiple responsibilities
- Willing to move close to the Be Kind villa (must live in Canggu or Pererenan)
- Affinity with yoga, healing and spirituality
- Being a yoga teacher or coach (officially licensed) is a PRE
What we offer:
- Small financial compensation
- A young, energetic and passionate team
- Ability to grow with the company, to really make an impact in helping women
- Flexibility and freedom, working independently
- A workspace where you are able to learn and develop yourself
- A community of women who inspires and motivates each other
- You will meet inspiring women every week from all over the world
- Team outings
- A dream job in Bali :)